(LAST UPDATED AT 3 JULY 2019)
Casa Carvalhal is a Bed & Breakfast that understands and respects the importance of your privacy. Therefore bellow we clarify:
- What personal information we collect about you;
- Who collects the data;
- How we use this information;
- How the data is kept and with whom it can be shared;
- What are your rights and how can you exercise them;
- Other websites.
What personal information we collect about you
For the purposes mentioned in the following paragraph « Why are you being collected? », We collect the following categories of personal data when you make a reservation:
- Personal information: name and country of residence;
- Information related to preferences: related information such as the service being reserved;
- Contact information: address, telephone number and email address;
- Payment information: credit card details, billing address and other payment and billing information;
- Information about accommodation: arrival and departure dates, room location, room type and requests for beds, etc;
- Technical information: IP address, geographic data, browser and computer system, application version, language settings and pages that have been displayed to you, etc
Who collects data
All data collected by Casa Carvalhal are the responsibility of Herman & Luc, LDA. The person responsible for Data Protection is Herman Sauwens:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Postal address: Avenida José, Girão Vitorino s / n, 3330-355 Góis, Portugal
How we use this information
We will use this information for the following purposes:
- To fulfil our obligations of customer service: management of reservations and stay of the client in our establishment and payment.
- Improvement of our services: evaluation of our services, improvement of the operation of our activity as part of the contractual relationship between us and the user.
- Customization of our services and communications: personalize content and our digital experience and offer to the customer, understand customer requirements for the targeted development of marketing programs, newsletters and promotions. We will always seek and obtain user authorization to agree to participate in any marketing campaigns. The use of user information for marketing purposes is presented in more detail in the Marketing section below. Customizing our website based on your preferences is detailed in the Cookies section at the end of this Policy.
- Compliance with legal obligations: compliance with applicable legislation, including local privacy legislation, fraud prevention and money laundering, police investigations and tourism regulations.
We would like to send you information about new products and services that may be of interest to you. If you have given your consent to receive marketing communications, you may withdraw the same later. You may at any time request that we stop contacting you for marketing purposes. All email messages contain a link that allows you to easily opt out of our services and if you do not want to be contacted for marketing purposes again, you can opt out at any time.
How data is retained and with whom it can be shared
Data are recorded on paper and on computer systems. Our Data Retention Policy defines where they will be kept for the purposes indicated above.
Without prejudice to any communications made with a view to complying with legal obligations, the data may also be disclosed to external third parties in the terms required by law or applicable regulations (eg court, judicial bodies, regulatory authority or governmental entity).
When we share information about you with other entities (for example, third-party contractors), we will take reasonable steps to ensure that this information and your privacy are protected in accordance with applicable legal obligations.
The retention period for your information, documented in our Data Retention Policy, will be determined based on the following criteria:
- Reasonable needs of the activity: as long as we provide goods and services to the user, or manage our relationship with the same, in the scope of the management of our operations; and / or
- Reasonable periods legally established: for the period in which someone may file suit against us or for the period in which we have to comply with our tax and legal obligations; and / or
- Other retention periods in line with legal and regulatory guidelines and requirements.
If the confidentiality, integrity or availability of personally identifiable information has been compromised, Casa Carvalhal will comply with the requirements of applicable laws, including the EU General Data Protection Regulation and Portuguese legislation.
Our performance will be proportional to the severity of the damage associated with the exposure, legal requirements and requirements applicable by regulatory entities. This may include the notification to the data subject and the data protection supervisory authority to provide them with:
- A description of the occurrence;
- The categories of information covered; and
- The next steps that should be taken in response to data breach.
In determining whether data breaches will pose a high risk to the rights and freedoms of data subjects, we will take into account factors such as the sensitivity of the information, the type of persons who may have obtained the information and the nature of the damage. In all cases where we become aware of a breach of data but for which the circumstances are unclear, we shall conduct an expeditious assessment of the circumstances to determine the level of notification required by any regulatory authority within the time regulations and to ensure that any incident is contained as soon as possible and within a reasonable period of time in the circumstances.
What are the rights of the data subject and how can you exercise them
You will have the right to determine how we use your data and oppose the purposes of the treatment at any time. You will have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, without prejudice to the processing of data that may legally be made based on your consent given previously and until this moment.
We remind you that you have the right to request the access, rectification or deletion of personal data, or to limit the treatment, or to oppose the processing of the data that concern you always in accordance with the applicable legal restrictions.
You also have the right to receive the personal data you have provided to us in a structured, current and automatic reading format and you will also have the right to transmit this data to another Data Provider without any interference on our part. By exercising your right to data portability, you have the right to have your personal data transmitted directly from one controller to another, whenever technically possible.
In certain circumstances, where permitted by applicable law, you are still entitled to complain to the competent data protection supervisory authority.
You can contact us at email@example.com to exercise your rights. Please note that we may request proof of your identity before we make any changes.
This helps us to make our website relevant to your interests and needs. We may use a persistent cookie (a cookie that stays connected to your browser) to record your details so that we can recognize you if you re-visit our website.
You may choose to decline cookies, or configure your browser so that you can be informed each time a website tries to install a cookie. For more information on cookies, visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org where you can also find information about how to disable cookies.
The type of cookies we use on this website include:
- Strictly Needed Cookies: These cookies are essential since they allow you to navigate the Service and use its features, namely access to areas with access registration and safe areas of the website.
- Advertiser Cookies: These cookies are used to produce advertising messages relevant to you. They perform functions such as preventing the same ads from appearing repeatedly, ensuring that they are properly displayed, and in Some cases are selected ads based on their interests.
- Analytic Cookies: These cookies collect information that is used either in aggregate form to help us understand how the website is being used and how effective our marketing campaigns are, as well as to help us personalize our website. website according to your preferences.
If you wish to block cookies visit:
- Google AdWords – http://www.google.com/settings/ads
- Facebook Pixel – You may disable any of these cookies or similar technologies in your browser settings.
- Twitter Advertising – You can disable custom ads in your Twitter settings by visiting the « Promoted Content » and « Personalization ».
- Google Analytics – You can disable any of these cookies in your browser settings or by downloading an add-in browser: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de.
You may disable any of these cookies in your browser settings.